This policy outlines how we at Astonishing Ltd (“Astonishing”) collect, process, use and disclose your information on the service and Website. We are passionate about preserving the privacy of your communications with loved ones. And if you ever have any concerns about our privacy policies or actions, then please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get right back to you.
Information we collect
Information you give us
As a visitor to our site, your browser will receive cookies from us which enable us to understand:
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model and language.
- Usage data, such as time spent on our site, pages visited, links clicked and the pages that led or referred you to our Sites.
We use 3rd party software, like Google Analytics, on our site and in our app which enables us to understand your usage and identify issues in our service.
As a user of our service, when you sign up for The Astonishing Visit you must provide some information in order for the service to work:
- Your first name
- The first name of family members who will virtually visit you
- The email addresses of family members who will virtually visit you
As a potential customer, when you contact us to learn more about how the service might be used in your care facility, we might collect:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your contact phone number
- The name of your institution
As a customer you will be providing some or all of the following information:
- Your name
- Your institution
- Billing department contact details
Information we gather from usage
While using the service, we may collect certain information about you, including:
- How you used the service – for example, how long your visit lasted.
- Device log information – for example, if our service has an issue or which device models are being used most.
- Country location information
- IP addresses
The above information is captured for each customer but is only stored and used by us in aggregate and anonymously.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information above to provide and to understand our customers’ usage of it, as well as to bill our customers. We never sell customer information, nor do we use it to enable advertising.
The sharing of your information
We do not share your information for any marketing purposes. There are only a few situations where we may share your personal information:
To enable the service
In certain circumstances Astonishing may have contracts with third parties to provide Astonishing with infrastructure or services that enable us to deliver the service to you. In those cases your first name, photographs and device information may be accessed by a third party. Their access will purely be in relation to providing the service – for example, hosting of content – and they do not have any other rights to your personal data.
For legal reasons
We will share your personal information with law enforcement agencies to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
Your information may be stored and processed in multiple countries, including outside the United States.
We’re committed to making our service a beautiful and private way to communicate with family. And we work hard to protect our customers from any unauthorised access, like using short-lived, temporary access codes to enable visits to be scheduled without parties having to create accounts.
Deleting your information
If you’d ever like us to delete your personal information from our records, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this policy